Let's do this Spring.

I am so over Winter.  Spring, you're up.  Daffodils, hot cross buns, I've already cracked open the mini Easter Eggs (slippery slope) and have already made headway into putting the spring back into my skin.

Because let's face it, winter is not the kindest season to our skin.  So when I was asked if I would review the new Clarins Extra-Firming Day and Night Cream to "put the spring back into my skin", being 45 with skin that has definitely seen better days, especially after a couple of months of snow, wind, rain and central heating (and one mince pie too many), who was I to refuse?

Skincare is a funny old thing, isn't it?  As I always do when I start writing about anything beauty related, I point out, I am in NO way, shape or form an expert.  I am a consumer.  A normal beauty user, like the majority of you, who is just looking for HELP!

The thing I've found is, it's easy to look after your skin when you're younger.  As your skin (well, mine anyway) was good.  Plumped by the elixir of youth. 

However there comes a time.. it creeps up on you and you don't see it coming, when suddenly.. NOTHING that you loved, seems to work anymore.  Age, gravity and living the good life all take their toll and your skin (and hair) suddenly needs a little more TLC.  But what does that entail?  Where do you start?  It's not the small laughter lines that I don't like (each one of those has a great tale to tell).  It's that "greyness"... that lack of luminosity and slightly ropey texture that old age gifts us.

This is something I shall be looking more into generally but first up, there is a new product on the market that I've been using - designed specifically to meet the needs that I have at my age and time in life.  

Here's the top level info.  "A new skin care duo with new formulas and new scientific and plant discoveries". 

So I used the day cream with SPF20.  There is also a Day Cream for All Skin Types and one for Dry Skin.  And I used the Night Cream for All Skin Types - for those with dry skin, there's a special version just for you. 

Extra-Firming Day Cream with SPF20 £58

"Key ingredient Kangaroo flower, helps plump and firm the skin for a smoother, radiant and visibly younger-looking complexion."

Untitled


Extra-Firming Night Cream All Skin Types £62 

"Key ingredient Kangaroo flower, helps plump and firm the skin, while Moonstone Hydrated Silica encourages night-time regeneration to maintain the skin’s youthful qualities".
Untitled



Now I have been using both of these, day and night, for a couple of weeks now (so I haven't just shoved them on once to see what they feel like).  And it's probably no coincidence that I had a number of messages after seeing my mug close up on Instastories - the land of no filter - saying that my skin was looking particularly good.  Well....these are why.

I had expected this cream to be super rich.  Which, as much as I seemingly think I have the skin of an ignaua, it really isn't that leathery and the super rich creams, I find, do tend to sort of coat my face like a greasy mask (as you can see, I am no loss to beauty journalism). 

You'll be pleased to hear, neither the Day nor Night cream are like that.  Day is lighter - a silky texture that glides onto the skin and sinks in, leaving no residue.  I found the Night version, creamier is how I would describe it, but still with that silky feel that my skin absorbed immediately.  I also found, with both, a little went a long way. 

I did try over a serum during the day and over an oil at night - which worked perfectly when my skin was feeling extra tight or in need of a something a bit more.. well, decadent and rich.  In the evening, it did feel like I definitely "had product" on my face but by the morning, it was super soft.

And speaking of that - what did I feel that they "do"?

They really do make you've shed your winter skin.  Surely we all want skin that looks like it's had a total boost.  A skin revival.  And that's exactly how my skin did look after using both these creams for a couple of weeks.  Plumper, smoother, more even with a dewy texture and luminosity.  It has a glow to it - it definitely has a spring to it - a real feeling of freshness..  A radiance that is the perfect base to apply your makeup.  In fact, I haven't even needed to wear any form of foundation - as seen in this picture.  

Also - not a professional filtered photo either.  Good old 13yr old took it on the iphone.  Just to show that it really has made an improvement to my skin with no fancy camera tricks or an with an expert having taken it.

Untitled

And here I am today - seriously embracing the Spring weather which seem to have finally arrived. 


Untitled

Jumper - Bella Freud (sale aw17)
Coat - Helene Berman from Anthropologie (aw17)
Skirt - H&M (aw17)
Boots - Mango (current)
Bag - Loewe from Matches (current)

The best thing though.. it was light at 5.45pm!  HELLO SPRING! 

This post has been written as part of a paid partnership with Clarins.  All thought are my own, unedited.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

3 comentarios:

  1. Damn, but I am so allergic to every Clarins product I have ever tried! Which makes no sense at all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh NOOOOOOOOOOOO - gosh do you know why? You poor thing. xxx

      Delete
  2. It's great stuff, but I think the prices are pretty hideous. I had some free samples and particularly liked the moisturiser. I do think that there are less expensive brands that can compare favourably. However, your skin is looking great so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete