They're just not going anywhere

It's the good old Out Out Top.

We may have been wearing these since Jesus was a boy but they are still one of the most useful things you will have in your wardrobe. 

They're also the perfect January pick me up.  One little top can work wonders to create a whole new set of outfits from your old favourites - jeans, skirts and trousers. 

This is really going to be the theme of January for the blog.  Instead of looking at entire new winter outfits - we're going to be cherry picking pieces that you can add into your existing wardrobe to get you through to Spring.  So the idea is that we don't have to buy all of the pieces all of the time, but we'll go through how each item can work, in isolation, with things that you already have. 

And today we're looking that long term fave - the Out Out Top.  Which you can also wear In In.   So there's not the hugest amount of skimpy sequin/lace numbers that were perhaps your top of choice from your younger days, but a more elegant, sophisticated version that you'll feel as comfortable wearing to work, as you would with jeans and trainers on the weekend and heels for the evening.

We've also waving a huge hello to New Season.  There will surely be some sales bargains to be had but today, all things "New In" are calling me. 

Starting with some great options at Mango. 

Polka-dot blouse from Mango £29.99



Print with attitude now.  This can easily be worn with the matching trousers or - for a slightly less "in your face" look, I would team over a pair of jeans with spike heels or leather leggings.

Button Printed Shirt from Mango £49.99



V neck again in a wrap style for a steal at ASOS. 

ASOS Kimono Wrap Top in Digi Floral £36



Wrap again at New Look. 

Floral Wrap Top in Print £22.99



Dutch Floral Print Top at Warehouse, new seaon £46



V neck at & Other Stories and this I absolutely LOVE.  Who says metallic has to be just for Christmas?

Gilded Blouse £79



I love the idea of this - a cropped shirt so you don't have to tuck it in and it will sit perfectly just over the waistband of any trousers.  Or a pencil skirt?  I'm just going to throw a pencil skirt in there as a suggestion as I have a feeling in my waters, we'll be looking at these next season.  Don't quote me on that.... This would look rather amazing with white jeans.

ASOS Crop Shirt in spot heart print £25



Lace Musea Shirt new in at French Connection £110  Teamed with a midi skirt = instant tribute to Self Portrait dress.



This would be absolutely perfect with black midi skirts.  Or how about just casually with jeans. 

Embroidery Puff Sleeve Blouse £59




Higher collar at & Other Stories £59  Green and pink.  On repeat.  LOVE.



High neck is definitely a trend this season (which is handy for me as I adore them).  I call them "no need for a hair wash" tops.  As in, they're perfect to wear with your hair scraped back and huge earrings.  Never let it be said I am not the ultimate in lazy chic.

Stradivarius High Neck Top £19.99




In blue at YAS £45




Ok GIVE ME ALL THE HIGH NECKS...

Floral Embroidered Blouse in Black £59   This for me wins top of the day.



But the find of the post has to be these, new in at Mango.  There would be no shame in buying these in all three colours.  I can't believe they're less than £20.

Combined printed t-shirt £19.99 from Mango in what they call blue



In the green



And the black...



And my beloved black.  This one would sit perfectly over leather leggings or coated skinnies.  Not to mention over a well worn pair of old faithful jeans.  I wear a cami under the one I have which is similar, as opposed to just a bra. 

Boohoo Crochet Lace Peplum Bell Sleeve Top £20



And cream at & Other Stories - Ruffle Collar Blouse £59 - which can be worn high necked or as a v neck.



So here I am in my Out Out top from last night.  To go with the new shoes I got in the sale at Harvey Nichols.  I may not have lucked out at Bicester, but after a trawl of the dregs of the sale yesterday at Selfridges, Harvey Nicks and Harrods, these are what I came home with.


Untitled  

Blouse - Rue de Femme (gift aw17)
Camisole - M&S (aw16)
Jeans - Mih from Fenwicks (sale aw16)
Belt - Weekday at ASOS (ss17)
Shoes - Celine from Harvey Nichols (sale aw17)
Clutch - Clare Vivier from Net A Porter (sale ss17)
Earrings - Aldo (ss17)

Today... drum roll... I WENT RUNNING!  I have joined a beginner's running course.  I have never run in my life.  Actually that's not true.  I have tried on a number of occasions to do the Couch to 5k running thingy and have almost died after the first gig.  Don't know what the second session was like as I never made it that.  But that was doing it by myself.  Running in a group is a totally different concept.  I LOVED it.  I didn't find it hard but I didn't find it easy.  I am definitely going back next week and shall be doing a homework run during the week (with friends - it's just too difficult).

Tomorrow - I have had so many people asking for more dresses!  Your wish is my command....

Share this:

CONVERSATION

10 comentarios:

  1. Well done on the running! I really must get back out, I ran a marathon last year and haven’t run to the end of the street since!
    Loving those new shoes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A MARATHON!! Oh wow, all the respect. I am just grateful for making 3km and not dying! Homework run tomorrow morning...

      Delete
  2. Mango pink polka-dot all the way for me. I'd be well Out Out in that. Love how that Mickey Flanagan sketch reached even me in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I let my husband do the running, he usually does the equivalent of a half marathon once a week, as well as a couple of shorter (?!?) runs. He's just a tiny bit crazy. Me, I'm convinced running made by slipped disc worse, so I don't run!
    As for the tops, I have too many, so I've banned myself from buying any (along with dresses and skirts!), and wearing the ones I have more! Tempted by your selection...always! What do I have on today? A sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this is the first exercise I have actually enjoyed - genuinely enjoyed - in as long as I can ever remember!!! Maybe as I just chatted to my friends for an hour!

      Delete
  4. Be a doll and do a blog on ‘out out’ tops for boobs. I’ve got fab leather leggings and need some good tops to cover upper bum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a 32G, and petite size 12 and I'd go for the v-neck ones Kat has sourced, or the shirts (you can unbutton the top few buttons). Round or scoop necks work on me too, but I stay away from too high a neckline. If i didnt have too many out out tops I'd go for the French Connection blue lace shirt, or the & Other Stories pink harlequin one.
      I have a couple of Bodens Ravello tops including a v-neck one (although I need a camisole with this last one), they have a good length on me with skinny jeans.

      Delete
    2. I was going to say - I would hope that the v neck ones would work... OR are you looking for ones that are a longer? So more of a tunic? I know exactly what you mean... hang fire xxxx

      Delete
  5. Thanks Danish, and Kat. Maybe I’m not good with a blouse 🙄 Look a bit blousey? I do like a fitted top. Looser tops that ‘hang’ off the boobs make me look like I’m hiding a tummy, make me look larger.

    ReplyDelete