The bags that last forever

Clutches.

So the husband knows how many bags I have.  The correct answer is obviously "a few"...

Imagine therefore when we went to to Bicester last week and I said I was looking for a new clutch.  I have three clutches that I have used for a long time.  In fact, it's such a long time, when I was talking my three favourite bags - a tan, a black and a leopard clutch - he turned round and said "You've had those for ages".

EYES ON STALKS HERE!  Ok so when I said YES and that means I need a new one, this was met with total confusion.  Apparently - how does the fact I'd had them for years translate into needing a new one?  

Duh.

But he is right (darn it).  These have served me well.  They still do serve me well. 

However let's just replace *need* for *want* and we're off.

Ok so initially I was after a bone/cream/ecru bag to match the Isabel Marant strappy sandals I bought from Vestiaire Collective earlier this year.   And that was a massive big fat fail. 

I trawled every single shop.  The husband embraced and loved the mission ("loved" ish) and we found nothing. 

So we went for a glass of champagne and had a long (20 seconds which involved me talking and him glazing over) chat about what would work as an alternative.  The answer was either black or leopard print (my conclusion, not his). 

Which I realised are the perfect clutch bags that everyone should own.  These will take you from a lunch to work, to out in the evening and the ideal bag to throw into your suitcase for holidays. 

Surely we can find something awesome in the dregs of the sales?  And if not - how about some new season gems that we should snap up now.  I can confirm that these are an amazing investment.  I have had mine for years and use them weekly. 

Starting with the perfect leopard at the end of the sale.   And it would appear that there really aren't that many leopard print clutches around.

Hill & Friends Happy Clutch in Leopard was £595 now £297





Or in the Happy Clutch in Liquorice Black was £395 now £197



Slightly larger at DVF with 70% off.  This is perfect for those who like a clutch during the day or those who cart around the kitchen sink (raises hand).

Origami wristlet clutch from DVF was £308 now £92



Another DVF number now but satin. 

Satin Clutch was £97 now £53.35



Another fold over style with a roll top clutch from Jigsaw in ponyskin was £98 now £49




And a leather version at ASOS. 

ASOS Leather Soft Clutch Bag £25



Pintucked Leather Clutch at DKNY was £300 now £150


This one looks like it *could* be a Chloe but it's a bargain from Mango. 

Ring Leather Clutch from Mango £29.99  It says it's suede.  For the money, that is completely and utterly awesome.






I love Clare Vivier clutches - I did actually buy a statement one in the sale from Net A Porter (which actually isn't a bad match for the Marant sandals I've realised) but this classic black one probably has much more longevity.

Clare V Margot woven was £240 now £72






Another Clare V leopard clutch at The Outnet was £205 now £102.50


More leopard print at The Outnet and investment time.  But these do last forever.  A fine, feline version.

Feline leopard print calf from Charlotte Olympia was £595 now £297.50



And a bargain option with a gorgeous pink tone to it. 

Leopard Structured Clutch Bag from Dorothy Perkins £16



And then my favourite... which isn't black black.  But I think would work pretty much at any time when you needed a black bag.  This was also significantly more expensive at Bicester than it is now at The Outnet.

Georgiana Spectrum Stripes Clutch from Anya Hindmarch was £650 now £292.50



So lots of food for thought there - but maybe I need a straw one for the Summer?  What do we think?  And how do we feel about a clutch for the day.

Here I am today, sans clutch but with my faithful Balenciaga which I have to say, I do often use as a clutch.

Untitled


I am off out tonight to the launch of a new car.  Which is different.  And I'm not allowed to say anything else about it until 6.30pm tonight (because I'm sure you're all REALLY bothered..!!!)  The husband is beside himself with excitement.  I have to say I'm excited about the champagne and canapes.... And I've never been to a brand new press launch of car - the husband says it is a Big Thing.  I will let you know. 

Now what the hell does one wear??!


Share this:

CONVERSATION

5 comentarios:

  1. I have a Lulu Guinness clutch that I got in the sale a couple of years ago. They have some lovely ones in the sale right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up a silver leather McQueen de manta clutch in the sale at Selfridges a few years back - I love it, but don't use it as often as I should. Definitely guilty of having lovely bags and not using them much, too much faff to shift the contents between bags! I also have a Burberry black leather studded bag (several years old) that has a changeable strap, so it can be a clutch or a short-handled handbag. Have got more use out of that though, as it's the perfect size for concerts and can be clipped on your belt loop for hands-free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bagged (pun intended) a turquoise blue one from Jigsaw in the sale, they've got them in silver too. Must admit the blue is almost a neutral for me as I wear so much of it. My two others are in red and a strange sort of off white one with a hint of mint with a blush zip (sounds weird but is a really good neutral for the summer). I also have been known to use my purse, as it's got a wrist strap, at least it when it hasn't got loads of receipts sticking out of it! I suppose I should consider a navy one, but I love colour in my bags....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a squishy clutch and have a few ranging from a Clare Vivier leopard pony one to a proper cheapie metallic pewter from Accessorize and I love them all equally. BUT you have made me realise I have (had!) a black clutch-shaped hole in my collection, which I have now remedied with the black leather Asos one, which looks far more chic and Parisian than the price tag suggests. So thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have many (many, many) clutch bags. They are one of my most favourite things in the world and bring me joy to buy.
    But I hardly ever use them - I clearly don't go out enough! But I don't have a black one. How odd. Clearly because I hardly ever use them and when I buy them it's either to match or a spur of the moment thing so I they tend to be coloured or statement... Maybe I should get a black on just in case :D xx

    ReplyDelete